|Welcome! Please check To-Do List to see what pages need help, who is working on what, etc.|
Artwork from Mega Man 6.
|Name(s):||Wind Man, Windman|
|Appearances:||Mega Man 6|
|Related Numbers:||Serial Number: DWN-047|
Mega Man & Bass CD: 047
|Built by:||Unknown tournament competitor|
Wind Man (or Windman) is a Robot Master first appearing in Mega Man 6. Like the other Robot Masters from the game, he was built by an unspecified creator for the First Annual Robot Tournament before being stolen and reprogrammed by Dr. Wily in his Mr. X persona.
Wind Man is a bulky, orange robot with two large fans on his shoulders. His signature weapon in the Wind Storm, though he does not seem to use it, instead opting to pull in enemies with his fans, fire spinning rotors, or fly around with jets installed in his shoes.
In the Games
Mega Man 6
In Mega Man 6, Wind Man is one of the main eight Robot Masters that must be fought to reach Mr. X's fortress, appearing as the second option (in reading order) on the stage select screen. His stage is the Mechanical Tower, and his title given in his boss intro is "Master of Wind".
Wind Man has several moves in battle. He can shoot two spinning rotors forward, which move in opposite zigzags and leave a few blind spots between them as they fly across; propel himself straight up into the sky and then straight across at a random height before dropping down on Mega Man; or stand still and spin his fans to pull Mega Man towards him. The pull on this last attack becomes stronger if Mega Man shoots him during it, becoming too much to run away from normally and requiring him to use the slide.
Wind Man's weakness is the Centaur Flash, a full-screen effect that deals 4 damage per use and has just enough ammo to defeat him. Doing so grants Mega Man the Wind Storm, which lets him fire small tornadoes that can carry enemies away.
Battle Network era
Wind Man has a NetNavi equivalent in WindMan.EXE, a wind god navi who shares only the shoulder fans with his Robot Master base. He first appears as a tournament opponent in the Red Sun version of Mega Man Battle Network 4 with his operator, Lilly, who is able to keep his great power under control.
Mega Man 6
Like the other Robot Masters in Mega Man 6, various data about Wind Man is shown on the screen after selecting his stage. Although no units are provided for any of the numbers, the numerical range used for the robots' height and weight suggests that they are given in centimeters and kilograms, respectively.
|MASTER OF WIND|
Mega Man & Bass CD
Mega Man Legacy Collection Database
Wind Man appears under "Mega Man 6" in the Database in Mega Man Legacy Collection and is the second Robot Master listed for the game. Like other Robot Masters, he can be fought by pressing a designated button while viewing his data.
|A wind-controlling robot with abilities similar to those of Air Man. Get away from his propeller attacks and dodge with straight, vertical jumps.|
|HP 28||AT 05|
Related Robot Masters
Wind Man is one of several Robot Masters with an air theme. Others include:
- Air Man (Mega Man 2)
- Gyro Man (Mega Man 5)
- Cloud Man (Mega Man 7) - Also has an electricity theme.
- Tengu Man (Mega Man 8 and Mega Man & Bass)
- Aircon Man (Rockman & Forte: Mirai Kara no Chōsensha)
- Tornado Man (Mega Man 9)
Additionally, his ability to pull Mega Man towards him is shared by multiple others:
- Wind Man is the only Robot Master officially credited to a designer from the United States, being a winning submission in the Mega Man 6 Boss Design Contest hosted by Nintendo Power in North America. The other winning submission, Knight Man, is credited to a Canadian designer.
- Although Wind Man has not appeared in any Mega Man TV series, he and the other Robot Masters from Mega Man 6 briefly appear in animated form in that game's Japanese commercial.
- The Mega Man 6 Robot Masters are implied to come from different countries all over the world, though their exact origins are not specified. Wind Man's country is not clear, but due to his CD Database information and the panda enemies in his stage, it is possible that he is meant to represent China.
- Rockman 6 / Megaman 6 *FULL commercial* ( FAMICOM / NES ) on YouTube, uploaded on 23 Nov 2018 by user Thunderblaze16.