|Welcome! Please check To-Do List to see what pages need help, who is working on what, etc.|
Artwork from Mega Man 5.
|Name(s):||Gyro Man, Gyroman|
|Appearances:||Mega Man 5|
|Related Numbers:||Serial Number: DWN-036|
Mega Man & Bass CD: 036
|Built by:||Dr. Wily|
|Stage(s):||Gyro Man's stage|
Gyro Man (or Gyroman) is a Robot Master appearing in Mega Man 5. He is one of the Robot Masters ostensibly working for Proto Man in a bid for world domination, though like the others, he is later revealed to have been created by Dr. Wily.
Gyro Man is a green, flying robot with a large rotor attached to his back and helicopter landing skids on his feet. His weapon, the Gyro Attack, lets him fire spinning blades that can change direction in the air once.
In the Games
Mega Man 5
In Mega Man 5, Gyro Man is one of the main eight Robot Master bosses and appears as the last choice (in reading order) on the stage select screen. His stage is set around towers reaching high into the clouds, which he also uses for cover in the fight against him.
In battle, Gyro Man has two attacks, which he will use at random: he may throw a Gyro Attack blade sideways, which stops at Mega Man's horizontal position and then moves towards him vertically; or he may fly up into the clouds at the top of the room and throw a gyro blade downwards, which stops at Mega Man's height and flies towards him sideways. After a while of hiding, Gyro Man drops out of the clouds above Mega Man's head, requiring him to keep moving or suffer collision damage.
Gyro Man's weakness is the Gravity Hold from Gravity Man, a full-screen effect that deals 4 damage per use no matter where he is and has just enough ammo to defeat him if it is used whenever he is not flashing. Defeating him grants Mega Man the Gyro Attack and Rush Jet.
Battle Network era
Gyro Man has a Net Navi equivalent in GyroMan.EXE, who looks similar, but can fully transform into a helicopter. He appears in the Team ProtoMan version of Mega Man Battle Network 5 and his operator is Charlie Airstar.
Mega Man & Bass CD
In Mega Man & Bass, Gyro Man's CD is found in Tengu Man's stage, another air-themed Robot Master stage. It is found on a ledge under a decorative fan blade, in the upper part of the large, free-scrolling section.
Mega Man Legacy Collection Database
Gyro Man appears under "Mega Man 5" in the Database in Mega Man Legacy Collection and is the fourth Robot Master listed for the game. Like other Robot Masters, he can be fought by pressing a designated button while viewing his data.
|Dr. Wily's limited budget is what forced him to have a propeller. He will cowardly hide himself in clouds, but if you have the weapon that plays on his weakness, he'll go down quickly!|
|HP 28||AT 06|
Related Robot Masters
Gyro Man is one of several Robot Masters with an air theme. Others include:
- Air Man (Mega Man 2)
- Wind Man (Mega Man 6)
- Cloud Man (Mega Man 7) - Also has an electricity theme.
- Tengu Man (Mega Man 8 and Mega Man & Bass)
- Aircon Man (Rockman & Forte: Mirai Kara no Chōsensha)
- Tornado Man (Mega Man 9)
- Gyro Man is one of four Robot Masters from Mega Man 5 never to appear in a Game Boy series game, due to Mega Man IV containing only half of the game's Robot Masters and Mega Man V abandoning the concept of recycling bosses rather than featuring the other half. The other three are Gravity Man, Wave Man and Star Man.
- Gyro Man liking "Greek sandwiches", according to his English Mega Man & Bass CD, is a play on a words; a gyros or gyro is a popular street food from Greek cuisine consisting of various ingredients wrapped in pita bread. In the Japanese version, he instead likes taketonbo (bamboo dragonflies), propeller toys found in Japan and China.
- Rockman & Forte CD Database on Hondoori Game Center - Transcripts and translation notes for the Japanese Rockman & Forte CDs.