|Welcome! Please check To-Do List to see what pages need help, who is working on what, etc.
Artwork from Mega Man 6.
|Appearances:||Mega Man 6|
|Similar Enemies:||Kamadoma, Mechakkero|
In the Games
Mega Man 6
In Mega Man 6, Batabattans appear in the Forgotten Area (Plant Man) stage, later reappearing in an optional corridor in Mr. X stage 1. It hops towards Mega Man, briefly pausing between hops and lying flat on the ground, which causes projectiles like the Mega Busters uncharged shots to fly over it if Mega Man is on the same level. Additionally, it has a tendency to hide behind tall foreground grass in the Forgotten Area stage, making it harder to spot and thus allowing it to ambush Mega Man.
|A forest patrol robot. It works well alongside Heli Buton. It tends to hide in the tall grass, so observe carefully and attack.|
|HP 01||AT 03|
Other "Battan" enemies exist in the Classic era, though they do not have much in common apart from being based on grasshoppers and able to jump.
- Battan (Mega Man 4) - A harmless grasshopper that must be used as a platform to cross spikes.
- Onbuubattan (Mega Man 8 and Mega Man & Bass) - A large grasshopper that carries a smaller one on its back, which can separate.
Additionally, Batabattan is one of a few jumping enemies that are hard or impossible to hit on the ground due to their size.
- Kamadoma (Mega Man) - A tiny enemy also known as "Flea" that can jump very far.
- Mechakkero (Mega Man 3) - A flat, hopping enemy that cannot be hit with the Mega Buster on the ground.
- Like other "Battan" enemies, Batabattan's name is derived from Japanese バッタ batta, meaning grasshopper.
- Mega Man: Official Complete Works art book, 2009.