|Welcome! Please check To-Do List to see what pages need help, who is working on what, etc.|
Artwork from Mega Man 6.
|Name(s):||Blizzard Man, Blizzardman|
|Appearances:||Mega Man 6|
|Related Numbers:||Serial Number: DWN-041|
Mega Man & Bass CD: 041
|Built by:||Unknown tournament competitor|
Blizzard Man (or Blizzardman) is a Robot Master first appearing in Mega Man 6. Like the other Robot Masters from the game, he was built by an unspecified creator for the First Annual Robot Tournament before being stolen and reprogrammed by Dr. Wily in his Mr. X persona.
Blizzard Man's design is based on a skier, with skis under his feet and a bobble cap on his head. His Blizzard Attack allows him to summon icy projectiles, and he is also able to roll around as a snowball to attack.
In the Games
Mega Man 6
In Mega Man 6, Blizzard Man is one of the main eight Robot Masters that must be fought to reach Mr. X's fortress, appearing as the first option on the stage select screen. His stage is the Frozen Island, an icy environment that includes a ship on an underground lake, and his title given in his boss intro is "Master of Snow".
In battle, Blizzard Man has two main attacks: he can turn himself into an invincible ball and ram the wall after a short time, bouncing off it; or he can summon four icy snowflakes in one of various patterns while "skiing" in place, which fly directly towards Mega Man after a delay. Although he cannot walk or jump, he will occasionally slide forward a short distance to reposition himself close to Mega Man, which can make his attacks more difficult to dodge.
Blizzard Man is weak to the Flame Blast, which deals 4 damage per pellet. Defeating him grants Mega Man the Blizzard Attack, which likewise lets him summon snowflake projectiles, though they always appear in the same pattern and do not target enemies when used by him.
Battle Network era
Blizzard Man makes a cameo appearance in Mega Man 7, appearing prominently in one of the display cases in the Robot Museum stage. His stage is also referenced in another Robot Museum stage in Mega Man & Bass, though he himself does not appear in it.
Mega Man 6
Like the other Robot Masters in Mega Man 6, various data about Blizzard Man is shown on the screen after selecting his stage. Although no units are provided for any of the numbers, the numerical range used for the robots' height and weight suggests that they are given in centimeters and kilograms, respectively.
|MASTER OF SNOW|
Mega Man & Bass CD
Blizzard Man's CD in Mega Man & Bass is located in Cold Man's stage, another ice-themed Robot Master. It is found at the very start of the stage, encased in an ice block that requires the Wave Burner to melt.
Mega Man Legacy Collection Database
Blizzard Man appears under "Mega Man 6" in the Database in Mega Man Legacy Collection and is the first Robot Master listed for the game. Like other Robot Masters, he can be fought by pressing a designated button while viewing his data.
|Originally a monitoring robot at the South Pole, it was modified for combat. Dodge its charge attack by jumping near the center of the arena.|
|HP 28||AT 03|
Related Robot Masters
Cold Man is one of many Robot Masters with an ice theme. Others include:
- Ice Man (Mega Man)
- Gemini Man (Mega Man 3) - Only sometimes considered ice-themed.
- Freeze Man (Mega Man 7)
- Frost Man (Mega Man 8)
- Cold Man (Mega Man & Bass)
- Chill Man (Mega Man 10)
- Tundra Man (Mega Man 11)
- Blizzard Man's ski pole can be seen by itself in a Mega Man 6 production artwork labelled "Weapons", viewable in the Museum in Mega Man Legacy Collection.
- Although Blizzard Man has not appeared in any Mega Man TV series, he and the other Robot Masters from Mega Man 6 briefly appear in animated form in that game's Japanese commercial.
- The Mega Man 6 Robot Masters are implied to come from different countries all over the world, though their exact origins are not specified. As Blizzard Man has a snowy theme and the English-language manual mentions at least one competitor hailing from Canada, this could mean that Blizzard Man represents this country. This is further supported by the Curlinger enemies in his stage, as the sport of curling is commonly associated with Canada. However, his Database description also suggests an association with the South Pole.
- Rockman 6 / Megaman 6 *FULL commercial* ( FAMICOM / NES ) on YouTube, uploaded on 23 Nov 2018 by user Thunderblaze16.