|Welcome! Please check To-Do List to see what pages need help, who is working on what, etc.|
Artwork from Mega Man 6.
|Name(s):||Flame Man, Flameman|
|Appearances:||Mega Man 6|
|Related Numbers:||Serial Number: DWN-043|
Mega Man & Bass CD: 043
|Built by:||Unknown tournament competitor|
Flame Man (or Flameman) is a Robot Master first appearing in Mega Man 6. Like the other Robot Masters from the game, he was built by an unspecified creator for the First Annual Robot Tournament before being stolen and reprogrammed by Dr. Wily in his Mr. X persona.
Flame Man is a red, yellow and black robot whose design includes a turban, moustache, pointed shoes and a cannon arm connected via hose to a tank on his back. He is able to use this cannon to launch fireballs, but can also send the flames through the ground, causing fiery Flame Blast pillars to burst out from it.
In the Games
Mega Man 6
In Mega Man 6, Flame Man is one of the main eight Robot Masters that must be fought to reach Mr. X's fortress, appearing as the third option (in reading order) on the stage select screen. His stage is the Oil Field, taking place around an Arabian-inspired palace, and his title given in his boss intro is "Master of Flame".
In battle, Flame Man jumps around, typically once or twice, before standing still and using one of two fire-based attacks. He may either shoot three fireballs straight forward in a row, or point his cannon at the ground and send flames through it instead, which emerge as a sequence of skinny fire pillars. These pillars pop up in set spots based on Flame Man's position and leave safe spaces between them, but will block most of Mega Man's shots, similarly to Wave Man's water spouts in Mega Man 5.
Flame Man's weakness is the Flame Storm, which not only deals 4 damage to him per hit, but is also able to pass through his flame pillars unhindered. Defeating him grants Mega Man the Flame Blast, which allows him to create individual flame pillars be shooting pellets in a downwards arc. He also receives the Rush Power Adaptor, allowing him to become Power Mega Man.
Battle Network era
Flame Man has a NetNavi equivalent in FlameMan.EXE, who has a drastically different design as a large, burning figure with long, skewer-like limbs. He first appears as a boss in Mega Man Battle Network 3, acting as Mr. Match's Navi in that game and thereby succeeding FireMan.EXE and HeatMan.EXE.
Mega Man 6
Like the other Robot Masters in Mega Man 6, various data about Flame Man is shown on the screen after selecting his stage. Although no units are provided for any of the numbers, the numerical range used for the robots' height and weight suggests that they are given in centimeters and kilograms, respectively.
|MASTER OF FLAME|
Mega Man & Bass CD
Flame Man's CD in Mega Man & Bass is located in Burner Man's stage, another fire-themed Robot Master. It is hidden in the ground at the end of the first section, and can only be dug up by Mega Man using Rush Search.
Mega Man Legacy Collection Database
Flame Man appears under "Mega Man 6" in the Database in Mega Man Legacy Collection and is the fourth Robot Master listed for the game. Like other Robot Masters, he can be fought by pressing a designated button while viewing his data.
|An old-fashioned robot that generates heat energy. If you try to dodge the flame pillars by watching for them, it will already be too late. Try to memorize the timing.|
|HP 28||AT 04|
Related Robot Masters
Flame Man is one of many Robot Masters with a fire theme. Others include:
- Fire Man (Mega Man)
- Heat Man (Mega Man 2)
- Torch Man (Mega Man 3 (DOS)) - Not related to the Mega Man 11 Robot Master.
- Turbo Man (Mega Man 7) - Partially fire-themed.
- Sword Man (Mega Man 8) - Partially fire-themed.
- Burner Man (Mega Man & Bass) - Uses green fire from a gas burner.
- Konro Man (Rockman & Forte Mirai Kara no Chōsensha)
- Magma Man (Mega Man 9)
- Solar Man (Mega Man 10)
- Torch Man (Mega Man 11) - Not related to the Mega Man 3 (DOS) Robot Master.
- Although Flame Man has not appeared in any Mega Man TV series, he and the other Robot Masters from Mega Man 6 briefly appear in animated form in that game's Japanese commercial.
- The Mega Man 6 Robot Masters are implied to come from different countries all over the world, though their exact origins are not specified. Flame Man's design and oriental oil field stage seem to suggest that he hails from a country on the Arabian peninsula, such as the United Arab Emirates or Saudi Arabia.
- Rockman 6 / Megaman 6 *FULL commercial* ( FAMICOM / NES ) on YouTube, uploaded on 23 Nov 2018 by user Thunderblaze16.