|Welcome! Please check To-Do List to see what pages need help, who is working on what, etc.|
Artwork from Mega Man 6.
|Type(s):||Robot Master weapon|
|Appearances:||Mega Man 6|
|Effect:||Shoots pellets that make small flame pillars|
|Obtained from:||Flame Man|
|Strong against:||Blizzard Man, Rounder II, X Crusher|
|Related Weapons:||Fire Storm, Atomic Fire, Torch Arm, Scorch Wheel, Flame Sword, Wave Burner, Flame Shower, Flame Mixer, Magma Bazooka, Solar Blaze, Blazing Torch|
Flame Blast is a Robot Master weapon first appearing in Mega Man 6, where it is obtained from Flame Man. It has an orange and yellow colour scheme and fires round, orange projectiles that burst into flames.
In the Games
Mega Man 6
In Mega Man 6, Flame Blast is obtained by defeating Flame Man, who causes flame pillars similar to its effect to burst from the ground. It consumes 1 point of energy per shot and fires a small pellet forward that is affected by gravity, falling down in front of Mega Man fairly quickly. When it touches the floor or a wall, the pellet explodes, erupting into a small pillar of flame that stays around for a short duration, then disappears. If a wall is hit rather than the floor, the pillar will erupt sideways.
Flame Blast is the only weapon in the game that deals increased damage to more than one Robot Master, acting as Blizzard Man's primary weakness (4 points of damage) and a secondary weakness for Plant Man (2 damage). It is also the primary weakness of two bosses in Mr. X's fortress: Rounder II (which is weak to weapons in general) and the X Crusher, Mr. X's personal transport and final boss of the fortress.
Flame Blast is one of many fire-themed weapons found throughout the Classic era, though their functionality varies a lot. Others include:
- Fire Storm (Mega Man) - Shoots a flame forward and creates a brief shield.
- Atomic Fire (Mega Man 2) - Shoots a fireball forward that can be charged up.
- Torch Arm (Mega Man 3 (DOS))
- Scorch Wheel (Mega Man 7) - Creates a wheel of flames that rolls along the ground.
- Flame Sword (Mega Man 8) - A close-range fiery sword attack.
- Wave Burner (Mega Man & Bass) - A prolonged stream of fire that goes up and down in a wave motion.
- Flame Shower (Rockman & Forte Mirai Kara no Chōsensha)
- Flame Mixer (Rockman & Forte Mirai Kara no Chōsensha)
- Magma Bazooka (Mega Man 9)
- Solar Blaze (Mega Man 10)
- Blazing Torch (Mega Man 11)
- The Flame Blast strongly resembles the projectile attack used by Heat Man in Mega Man 2, whose own signature weapon (Atomic Fire) does not resemble his attacks at all.