|Welcome! Please check To-Do List to see what pages need help, who is working on what, etc.|
Artwork from Mega Man 6.
|Appearances:||Mega Man 6|
|Variations:||Telly, Telly R, Big Telly, Telly X, Electriri, Telly Bomb|
|Similar Enemies:||Fire Boy|
Fire Telly is an enemy appearing in Mega Man 6. It is a variant of the Telly - a spinning, barrel-shaped robot - which is orange and has been modified to eject flames from a nozzle at its bottom.
In the Games
Mega Man 6
In Mega Man 6, Fire Tellys appear in the Oil Field (Flame Man) stage, where they are one of multiple enemy types that can interact with the stage's oil gimmick, and reappear in Mr. X stage 3. They fly in from one side of the screen and continue in a straight line, randomly stopping to drop a flame, which remains on the ground for a short while and can harm Mega Man. If a flame lands in one of the oil pools found all throughout the Oil Field stage, the oil is set on fire, turning it into a flame pit that acts like instant-death spikes.
Once the oil has been ignited, it never stops burning, even after Mega Man loses a life, making Fire Tellys a rare example of an enemy that can permanently affect Mega Man's progression through the stage (unless the player restarts the stage entirely).
Fire Telly appears under "Mega Man 6" in the Database in Mega Man Legacy Collection.
|A mecha modified from Telly. The fire it drops isn't dangerous in itself, but it's game over if it ignites a sea of fire under you.|
|HP 02||AT 03|
Several Telly variations appear throughout the Classic era, which generally share similar appearances and the ability to hover and spin in the air.
- Telly (Mega Man 2) - Slowly floats towards Mega Man. Spawned endlessly from holes or the side of the screen.
- Telly R (Mega Man 8 and Mega Man & Bass) - Slowly floats towards Mega Man. Spawned endlessly from holes.
- Big Telly (Mega Man 8 and Mega Man & Bass) - Flies across to drop bombs (in Mega Man 8) or a single large bomb that briefly sets the stage on fire (in Mega Man & Bass).
- Telly X (Mega Man 9) - Slowly floats towards Mega Man, but cannot move diagonally. Spawned endlessly from holes.
- Electriri (Mega Man 11) - Slowly flies across, surrounded by harmful electricity.
Further, the Fire Telly's ability to set oil on fire is shared by another enemy, appearing in the same game:
- Fire Boy (Mega Man 6) - A stationary enemy that tosses flames randomly in one of two arcs.
A Telly-based enemy is also found in some of the Zero era games.
- Telly Bomb (Mega Man Zero 2 and 4) - Slowly floats towards Zero and can be knocked into walls, where it explodes and may destroy certain blocks. Spawned endlessly from holes.
- If a Fire Telly is too close to solid ground when it tries to drop a flame, it will play the relevant animation, but no flame will appear.
- ↑ Mega Man: Official Complete Works art book, 2009.