|Welcome! Please check To-Do List to see what pages need help, who is working on what, etc.|
Artwork from Mega Man 6.
|Type(s):||Robot Master weapon|
|Appearances:||Mega Man 6|
|Effect:||Shoots a mace ball that returns|
|Obtained from:||Knight Man|
|Strong against:||Centaur Man|
|Related Weapons:||Rolling Cutter, Quick Boomerang, Shadow Blade, Ring Boomerang, Magic Card|
In the Games
Mega Man 6
In Mega Man 6, the Knight Crusher is obtained by defeating Knight Man, who uses it as his main attack. It consumes 1 point of energy to launch a large spikeball forward, which travels a distance of roughly 5 blocks and then returns to Mega Man in a loop. It can also be aimed diagonally by holding up or down while firing it. The direction of the loop depends on the direction in which the weapon is fired, generally going counter-clockwise (looping around the bottom if fired to the left or the top if fired to the right). As Mega Man does not have to stand still, the trajectory of the mace can further be influenced by moving around, and if it goes off-screen, it will disappear and not return to Mega Man at all.
The Knight Crusher is the main weakness of only one boss - Centaur Man, who it deals 4 damage to. However, it also deals 3 damage to Rounder II (which is generally weak against special weapons) and 2 to Power Piston, as well as both of the Wily Machine 6 forms and the Wily Capsule. When hitting an enemy that it does not destroy, the mace ball disappears, so it cannot hit the same boss multiple times.
Knight Crusher is one of multiple weapons that return to Mega Man after firing them. Others include:
- Rolling Cutter (Mega Man) - Return in a loop.
- Quick Boomerang (Mega Man 2) - Return in a short loop.
- Shadow Blade (Mega Man 3) - Returns in a straight line.
- Ring Boomerangl (Mega Man 4) - Returns in a straight line.
- Magic Card (Mega Man & Bass) - Returns in a straight line.
- The demonstration shown when receiving the Knight Crusher in Mega Man 6 does not show the full behaviour of the weapon, as the mace balls in the animation simply disappear (as when leaving the screen boundaries) without returning.
- Knight Man's artwork shows his mace ball attached to a chain coming from his buster, while the Knight Crusher art shows it completely detached. In the game, no chain is seen, no matter who uses the weapon.