|Welcome! Please check To-Do List to see what pages need help, who is working on what, etc.|
Artwork from Mega Man 6.
|Appearances:||Mega Man 6|
|Similar Enemies:||Hammer Joe, Crystal Joe|
In the Games
Mega Man 6
In Mega Man 6, Ben K appears predominantly in the Impregnable Fortress (Yamato Man) stage and reappears later, in Mr. X stage 3. It is a large, stationary foe that fights by taking a long spear from its back, twirling it around, then sending it straight forward, only to repeat the procedure a moment later.
The spinning spear deflects Mega Man's shots, even while it is still in the Ben K's hand, which leaves only a small window for attack that Mega Man can exploit by jumping over the flying spear and attacking as quickly as possible. As the enemy is resilient, this often needs to be done more than once when using the Mega Buster, though the Flame Blast, Plant Barrier or Centaur Flash each destroy it in 3 hits and Beat does so instantly.
|Played a gate guard in robot period dramas. It can't move, but its spear can block all incoming attacks.|
|HP 12||AT 04|
Ben K's attack method of throwing a weapon forward that blocks Mega Man's shots resembles two members of the Joe family.
- Hammer Joe (Mega Man 3) - Throws an iron ball on a chain straight forward.
- Crystal Joe (Mega Man 5) - Generates and launches a crystal straight forward.
- Ben K's name is a pun on Benkei, an ancient Japanese warrior monk who is often depicted carrying seven weapons on his back and appears commonly in folklore and theatre productions.
- Although Ben K carries many different kinds of weapons, the one it uses is always the same spear, which reappears when it reaches for it.
- Mega Man: Official Complete Works art book, 2009.