|Welcome! Please check To-Do List to see what pages need help, who is working on what, etc.|
Artwork from Mega Man 2.
|Type(s):||Robot Master weapon|
|Appearances:||Mega Man 2, Mega Man II, Mega Man: The Power Battle, Super Smash Bros. 4, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Rockman X DiVE|
|Effect:||Surrounds Mega Man with a shield of leaves that can be thrown|
|Obtained from:||Wood Man|
|Strong against:||Air Man|
|Related Weapons:||Fire Storm, Skull Barrier, Star Crash, Plant Barrier, Junk Shield, Turbo Wheel|
Leaf Shield is a Robot Master weapon first appearing in Mega Man 2, where it is used by and obtained from Wood Man. It has a green and white colour scheme and creates a spinning shield of green leaves around the user.
In the Games
Mega Man 2
In Mega Man 2, Leaf Shield is obtained by defeating Wood Man, who also uses it as his main attack during battle. It costs 3 Weapon Energy to use and surrounds Mega Man with moving leaves, which damage enemies and protect him from bullets. The shield persists as long as Mega Man does not move sideways; pressing left or right sends it flying in that direction, harming enemies along the way.
Leaf Shield is strong against Air Man, though the shield is blocked and cancelled out by his tornadoes.
Mega Man II
The Leaf Shield returns in Mega Man II on the Game Boy, where it can once again be acquired from Wood Man. It is once again Air Man's weakness, but deals no damage to any of the other Robot Masters.
Super Smash Bros. series
|Name||Source Game||Weapon||Assist Trophy||Smash Tour Item||Boss||Stage||Mii Costume||Enemy||Trophy||Spirit||Music|
|Wood Man||Mega Man 2||Leaf Shield, Mega Man's Down Special||N/A||N/A||N/A||Wily Castle (Wii U and Ultimate)||N/A||N/A||N/A||888 -||File:SSBU - Wood Man Stage.oga|
- Leaf Blade shows up as down special move. It's customizable by swapping out with Skull Man's Skull Barrier and Plant Man's Plant Barrier.
Several other "shield" weapons have appeared in the Mega Man games:
- Fire Storm (Mega Man 1) - Creates a temporary fire shield in addition to shooting.
- Skull Barrier (Mega Man 4) - Can't be thrown, dissipates when damaged.
- Star Crash (Mega Man 5) - Can be thrown on button press, dissipates when damaged.
- Plant Barrier (Mega Man 6) - Can't be thrown, works on shielded enemies, dissipated when damaged.
- Junk Shield (Mega Man 7) - Individual junk bits that can be fired off and are slowly destroyed by damage.
- Turbo Wheel (Mega Man 7) - A temporary fire shield that detaches and rolls across the floor.
This article is a stub. You can help Mega Man Wiki by expanding it.