|Welcome! Please check To-Do List to see what pages need help, who is working on what, etc.|
Artwork from Mega Man.
|Type(s):||Robot Master weapon|
|Appearances:||Mega Man, Mega Man: The Wily Wars, Mega Man Powered Up|
|Effect:||Throw a bomb with a delayed explosion|
|Obtained from:||Bomb Man|
|Strong against:||Guts Man|
|Related Weapons:||Crash Bomber, Drill Bomb, Napalm Bomb, Danger Wrap, Flash Bomb, Remote Mine|
The Hyper Bomb is a Robot Master weapon first appearing in the original Mega Man, where it is obtained from Bomb Man. It has a green and white colour scheme and allows the user to throw bombs, which explode after some time.
In the Games
In Mega Man, the Hyper Bomb is obtained by defeating Bomb Man, who uses it as his attack. When used by Mega Man, it consumes 2 weapon energy to throw a large bomb in an arc. Unlike Bomb Man's bombs, which explode instantly upon hitting the ground, Mega Man's bounce and have a significant delay before they flash and explode. Though the explosion is relatively large and can be powerful, the bomb itself goes through enemies and deals no damage at all until it goes off, requiring careful timing for it to hit and preventing it from damaging targets too high above the ground. Another bomb also cannot be thrown until the current one has disappeared, either by exploding or being scrolled off the screen.
The Hyper Bomb is the main weakness of Guts Man at 10 points of damage, secondary weakness of Ice Man at 4, and will also deal 2 damage to Elec Man and the Copy Robot, respectively. It is also the most significant secondary weakness of CWU-01P at 7 damage, though the explosions being delayed limits the weapon's usefulness against the boss, while the Yellow Devil and Wily Machine 1 cannot be hit by it at all due to their weak points being too high up.
The Hyper Bomb is the first of several bomb-based weapons that usually create a damaging explosion. Others include:
- Crash Bomber (Mega Man 2) - A bomb that goes straight and explodes. If it hits a wall, it sticks to it and explodes with a delay.
- Drill Bomb (Mega Man 4) - A drill that goes straight and can be detonated early on button press.
- Napalm Bomb (Mega Man 5) - A bomb that falls, bounces a bit and explodes.
- Danger Wrap (Mega Man 7) - A bomb encased in a bubble; it can trap enemies inside, then harm them when it explodes.
- Flash Bomb (Mega Man 8) - A bomb that goes straight and explodes.
- Remote Mine (Mega Man & Bass) - A mine that can be controlled in the air, sticks to targets and detonates on button press.