|Welcome! Please check To-Do List to see what pages need help, who is working on what, etc.|
Artwork from Mega Man 6.
|Appearances:||Mega Man 6|
|Similar Enemies:||Telly, Taketento, Lyric, Telly R|
Heli Buton is an enemy appearing in Mega Man 6. It is a flying blue robot based on a Japanese rhinoceros beetle, which possesses no wings or legs, but remains airborne with the propeller attached to its back.
In the Games
Mega Man 6
In Mega Man 6, Heli Butons appear exclusively in the Forgotten Area (Plant Man) stage, where they are the first enemy encountered. These beetles start out invisible, hiding amidst the foliage of the trees, but drop out when Mega Man comes near. Once revealed, they slowly hover towards him.
|Although it was originally made by Dr. Light, Dr. Wily modified it. It moves quite slowly, so it's really not that dangerous an enemy.|
|HP 02||AT 03|
Heli Buton is one of two beetle-like enemies found within the same stage.
- Jet Buton (Mega Man 6) - A similar-looking beetle enemy that jets forward in a straight line.
Many other enemies in the series show similar behaviour in slowly pursuing Mega Man through the air, though these are not usually hidden before they are activated.
- Telly (Mega Man 2) - Slowly floats towards Mega Man.
- Taketento (Mega Man 4) - Another beetle enemy that detaches its propeller, then slowly floats towards Mega Man.
- Lyric (Mega Man 5) - Slowly floats towards Mega Man.
- Telly R (Mega Man 8) - Slowly floats towards Mega Man.
- Heli Buton's name, just like Jet Buton's, likely comes kabutomushi (カブトムシ or 甲虫), the Japanese name for rhinoceros beetles.
- Mega Man: Official Complete Works art book, 2009.