|Welcome! Please check To-Do List to see what pages need help, who is working on what, etc.
Artwork from Mega Man.
|Mega Man, Mega Man: The Wily Wars, Mega Man Powered Up
|500 (each half)
|Pukapucker, Spring Face Bomb, Bunby Tank, Bunby Tank DX
Crazy Razy is an enemy in the original Mega Man. It is a green robot that is roughly human-shaped, apart from its arms being attached to its head. Its upper half can separate from its torso, becoming an enemy in itself.
In the Games
In Mega Man, Crazy Razys appear only at the beginning of Ice Man Stage, despite no apparent relevance to the ice theme. They run towards Mega Man and rarely fire a tiny green energy shot from their mouths, which goes forward in a straight line at high speed.
The enemy's main gimmick is its ability to split in half; if Mega Man destroys the lower portion first, the upper part (consisting of head and arms) will stay behind as a dangerous enemy, flying around and swooping at Mega Man with its arms while being hard to hit. This split also occurs automatically if Mega Man is standing to the right of the enemy, either due to walking into it, or walking back and causing it to respawn from the other side. If split in this manner, the body remains intact for a short while, continuing to walk forward a few steps before exploding.
The split can be avoided by aiming directly at the Crazy Razy's head, which has only a single hitpoint and causes both parts to disappear. If this is done, points are awarded for both halves, even though only one was shot.
|A guard robot. Destroy its body, and its head will detach and start rampaging.
Crazy Razy is one of several Classic era enemies whose head can separate if the body is destroyed.
- Pukapucker (Mega Man 5) - Walks left and right; head bounces.
- Spring Face Bomb (Mega Man 6) - Bounces around; head pops off and explodes.
- Bunby Tank (Mega Man 7) - Drives left and right; head flies around as a Bunby Top.
- Bunby Tank DX (Mega Man 8 and Mega Man & Bass) - A Bunby Tank that shoots. Head flies around as a Bunby Top DX.
- If Mega Man dies while a Crazy Razy head is on the screen, the head will swoop down at nothing and fall through the bottom of the screen.
- According to the Mega Man Legacy Collection Database, the Springer enemy in Mega Man 2 was made from Crazy Razy scraps, though it bears little resemblance to it in any way.
- MM25: Mega Man & Mega Man X Official Complete Works art book, 2013.