|Welcome! Please check To-Do List to see what pages need help, who is working on what, etc.|
New Shield Attacker
Artwork from Mega Man 5.
|Name(s):||New Shield Attacker|
|Appearances:||Mega Man 5|
|Variations:||Shield Attacker, Shield Attacker GTR, True Shield Attacker, Hannya Attacker, Shield Guard, Shield Attacker RX, Shield Attacker TRL, Shield Attacker (Mega Man 11), Shield Attacker M, Barrier Attacker, Barrier Counter|
|Similar Enemies:||Guardian, Death Guardian, Death Press D|
New Shield Attacker is an enemy appearing in Mega Man 5. It is a flying drone mostly made up of a tall shield, resembling the standard Shield Attacker in appearance and behaviour, but with a reinforced shield design.
In the Games
Mega Man 5
In Mega Man 5, New Shield Attackers appear only in Crystal Man's stage, where only three of them are found. They patrol an area that extends from their starting position on the right to the wall on their left, flying back and forth within it and taking a short time to turn around at the end. Due to their massive shield, they are completely invincible to attacks from the front, but can be attacked freely from behind.
Though mostly identical to other Shield Attackers, New Shield Attackers notably have more health - 6 HP instead of the more common 4 - and also deal a larger amount of damage than usual, making them slightly harder to deal with and more dangerous.
|New Shield Attacker|
|New, improved, and more annoying than ever with its ground search system. It's useless to attack it from the front.|
|HP 06||AT 06|
Starting with Mega Man 4, different models of Shield Attackers have appeared in all major games of the Classic era, most of whom behave identically (though usually dealing less damage and having less health than the New Shield Attacker), and slightly more complex variations are also found in later eras.
- Shield Attacker (Mega Man 4)
- Shield Attacker GTR (Mega Man 6)
- True Shield Attacker (Mega Man 7)
- Hannya Attacker (Mega Man 8 and Mega Man & Bass) - Has a mask-like shield design, but is otherwise identical.
- Shield Guard (Mega Man Powered Up) - Moves slower and the shield can be destroyed with a charge shot.
- Shield Attacker RX (Mega Man 9)
- Shield Attacker TRL (Mega Man 10) - The shield can be destroyed through damage, causing it to flee.
- Shield Attacker (Mega Man 11) - A redesigned Shield Attacker than can be stunned with a charge shot.
- Shield Attacker M (Mega Man 11) - A fast-moving underwater version of the above.
- Barrier Attacker (Mega Man X2) - Uses an energy barrier as well as a shield. The barrier can be disabled with charge shots; the shield has a small weak point.
- Guardian (Mega Man X4 and X6) - A Shield Attacker-like enemy that can shoot.
- Death Guardian (Mega Man X4 and X6) - A Guardian with a much larger shield.
- Death Press D (Mega Man X5) - Same as the Guardian.
- Barrier Counter (Mega Man Zero) - Uses an indestructible energy barrier. If attacked from the front, it returns fire.
- Mega Man: Official Complete Works art book, 2009.