|Welcome! Please check To-Do List to see what pages need help, who is working on what, etc.|
Artwork from Mega Man 7.
|Appearances:||Mega Man 7|
|Variations:||Gabyoall, Electric Gabyoall, Garyoby, Cyber Gabyoall, Spinning Gabyoall, Gagabyoall, Rolling Gabyoall, Top Gabyoall|
|Similar Enemies:||Springer, Sprinklan|
In the Games
Mega Man 7
In Mega Man 7, Spiral Gabyoalls are common hazards, found in Freeze Man's stage, Junk Man's stage, Burst Man's stage, Spring Man's stage, Slash Man's stage, Dr. Wily stage 2 and Dr. Wily stage 3, and usually placed on short platforms. They spin and move back and forth on the ground, grinding to a halt and briefly pausing at the platform edges; however, if Mega Man is standing on the same platform, they will move faster and turn instantly without pausing.
Like many Gabyoalls, they can be stunned briefly by shooting at them, though they are otherwise impervious to most weapons; only the Danger Wrap can trap them in a bubble and destroy them completely. In Junk Man's stage, they can additionaly be removed from the lift blocks they are placed on by activating the movement of said blocks using Thunder Bolt.
Gabyoalls or enemies very similar to them feature in almost all games of the Classic era, and in some games from other eras as well. While different models exist, traits are typically shared between them - notably, all are able to move along the ground, invulnerable to regular attack methods (but sometimes able to be stunned), and most of them speed up when at the same height as the player's character.
- Gabyoall (Mega Man) - Can be stunned with the Buster or destroyed with most special weapons. Very flat, so shots go over it.
- Springer (Mega Man 2) - Cannot be stunned, but can be destroyed with certain weapons. Springs up when it touches Mega Man. Not a true Gabyoall, but similar in function.
- Electric Gabyoall (Mega Man 3) - A pair of invincible Gabyoalls, one on the floor and one on the ceiling. They never speed up, but periodically create electricity between them.
- Garyoby (Mega Man 4) - Cannot be stunned, but can be destroyed with certain weapons. Unusually tall due to a buzzsaw attached to it.
- Cyber Gabyoall (Mega Man 6) - Cannot be stunned, but can be destroyed with a certain weapon or Power Mega Man. Can appear on ceilings.
- Spinning Gabyoall (Mega Man 8, Mega Man & Bass) - Can be stunned with the Buster or destroyed with a certain weapon. Very flat, so shots go over it.
- Gagabyoall (Mega Man 9) - Can be stunned with the Buster or destroyed with some special weapons. Very flat, so shots go over it.
- Sprinklan (Mega Man 10) - Springs up and lobs shots when attacked or touched. Can be destroyed with certain weapons. A variant of the Springer.
- Rolling Gabyoall (Mega Man X) - Cannot be stunned, but can be destroyed with a certain weapon. Never speeds up, but flips from the top of a platform to the bottom and vice-versa.
- Top Gabyoall (Mega Man Zero) - Can be stunned with attacks, but cannot be destroyed. Sometimes found on the ceiling or on walls.
- Mega Man: Official Complete Works art book, 2009.