|Welcome! Please check To-Do List to see what pages need help, who is working on what, etc.
Artwork from Mega Man X6.
|Mega Man X6
Commander Yammark (コマンダー・ヤンマーク) is a Maverick from the X era, appearing as one of the main bosses in Mega Man X6. He is a drone-themed Reploid based on a darner dragonfly, who attacks with a squadron of dragonfly-shaped drones. He is a former forest preservation worker who is now part of the Nightmare Investigators.
In the Games
Mega Man X6
Commander Yammark debuts in Mega Man X6 as one of the eight Mavericks on the Stage Select screen. He was built by Gate to support forest preservation, and became the leader of an ecological observation team. One day, he accidentally started a fire that burned down a forest. He wasn't accused for the incident, but some time later, someone sabotaged his flight system, leading to a crash that killed him. However, he was later resurrected by Gate to serve as a Nightmare Investigator.
Commander Yammark serves as the boss of the Amazon Area, observing the Nightmare Insects. He arranges his drones into various attack formations, firing shots and dropping bombs. Defeating Commander Yammark grants Yammar Option to both X and Zero. His weakness is the Ray Arrow or Rekkoha from Infinity Mijinion, which briefly stuns him. A boss attack rematch with Commander Yammark later occurs in the ?????? stage.
Other Game Appearances
- In Mega Man X Legacy Collection, Commander Yammark appears in X Challenge. He is fought alongside Spike Rosered in 2-3 in Vol. 2, and with Morph Moth in 8-3 in Vol. 1.
- In TEPPEN, Commander Yammark appears as a Unit Card.
- In Rockman X Giga Mission, Commander Yammark is revived as Commander Yammark PR by the Extreme.
- In the Archie Mega Man comic, Commander Yammark appears in the "Worlds Unite" arc as one of the many Mavericks resurrected in Sigma's army.
|A Reploid for jungle nature conservation projects who is the Investigator in the Amazon Area. He refuses to cooperate with the Maverick Hunters and distrusts Reploid researchers.
|Fires shots from the edge of the arena and moves to the opposite side.
|Fires shots while moving from one side to the other, flanked by Yammar Option above and below him.
|Chases the player with Yammar Option following behind.
|A Reploid created to support forest preservation projects. Yammark functions as the leader of an ecological observation team. In order to ensure the most thorough investigations, he is equipped with independent dragonfly Mechaniloids that act as his eyes and ears.
Behind the Scenes
- "The concepts for the boss characters were relatively simple, so I was able to take a similarly simple approach to their overall designs. For example, Commander Yammark has touches of a helicopter and its pilot in him, and Metal Shark Player's legs were made to look like the open jaws of a shark." - (Haruki Suetsugu)
|Commander Yammark (コマンダー・ヤンマーク)
|"Commander" refers to his command of drones, while "Yammark" is derived from the Japanese "yanma" (ヤンマ), meaning the Aeshnidae dragonfly family (also known as darners).
- Boss info, Mega Man X6. 2001.
- MM25: Mega Man & Mega Man X Official Complete Works. 2013.