|Welcome! Please check To-Do List to see what pages need help, who is working on what, etc.
Artwork from Mega Man X2.
|Crystal Snail, Cristar Mymine
|Crystal Ball Magician
|Mega Man X2
|Energen Crystal Stage
Crystal Snail, known as Cristar Mymine (クリスター・マイマイン) in Japan, is a Maverick from the X era, first appearing as one of the main bosses in Mega Man X2. He is a crystal-themed Reploid based on a snail, who hides in his shell and traps his foes in crystals. His history is a mystery, but he joins forces with the X-Hunters.
In the Games
Mega Man X2
Crystal Snail debuts in Mega Man X2 as one of the eight Mavericks on the Stage Select screen. He is a mysterious SA-Class Maverick who serves as the boss of Energen Crystal Stage. His attacks are slow, but he evens the playing field by trapping the player in crystal or slowing down time. Defeating Crystal Snail grants X the Crystal Hunter. His weakness is the Magnet Mine, from Magna Centipede, which knocks him out of his shell; the player can then dash into the shell to send it flying, potentially hitting Snail for further damage. A boss attack rematch with Crystal Snail later occurs in X-Hunter Stage 4.
Other Game Appearances
- In TEPPEN, Crystal Snail appears as a Unit Card.
- In Dragon Poker, Crystal Snail appears as an event character.
- In the Rockman X2 manga, Crystal Snail reprises his role from Mega Man X2.
- In the Archie Mega Man comic, Crystal Snail appears in the "Worlds Unite" arc as one of the many Mavericks resurrected in Sigma's army.
|Affiliated unit unknown. He has a passive and leisurely personality. When attacked by an enemy, he retreats into his shell like a snail and doesn't respond at all. He has taken over a newly discovered vein of Energen Crystals, a new energy source for Reploids, and converted it into a secret base.
|Height: 166 cm
Weight: 98 kg
|Max Power: 6800rp
Max Speed: 500rp
|Energen Crystal Stage
|Affiliated unit unknown. He has a quiet personality and often stays in his shell. He controls an Energen Crystal mine, which can generate tons of energy from small amounts of crystals.
|Fires shots in 3 directions, which petrify X if he is hit.
|Lunges in X's direction.
|Decreases X's movement speed.
|Where this Reploid appeared from his a mystery, and he is also prone to disappearing... into his own shell. Sigma has ordered him to occupy the facility for mining Energen Crystals, a new power source for Reploids. Snail treats the entire mine like a second shell, hiding himself away in its safest depths.
Behind the Scenes
- "If the player hits Snail with a specific weapon, his shell falls off. Snail will try to rush back into his shell, but that's not where it ends... One of the software guys said, 'Trust me, it'd be funnier this way.' Before I knew it, they made it so that X could body check the shell with a dash and send it flying. So we ended up with the most pathetic boss ever who will keep running around chasing his shell after it gets knocked off his back. I had tears streaming down my face." - (Sho Tsuge)
|Cristar Mymine (クリスター・マイマイン)
|"Mymine" comes from the Japanese word "maimai" (マイマイ), which is an alternative term for snail, possibly combined with "mine" referring to his stage location.
|Named after a snail.