|Welcome! Please check To-Do List to see what pages need help, who is working on what, etc.|
Official Discord server
As some of you may not know, most wikis have an associated Discord server, such as the ABXY Discord Server for Lylat Wiki and Shilver Star for WiKirby.
What things would we want in a Skin? Here's the Color Pallet, I've been using for the templates.
I was thinking we could make it like an NES game? or SNES Game?
- NES game since those are more recognizable to me, a person who has yet to play the Mega Man games. Results May Vary (talk) 14:57, 29 April 2020 (UTC)
- Said this in chat already, but it would be good to eventually have different skins for each era as they can look and feel quite different.--Vellidragon (talk) 16:02, 29 April 2020 (UTC)
- We could make different default skins and/or add more skins. As an example:
On the current Timeless skin edit, I think the colours are quite boring and don't look much like Mega Man. I assume this was based on the navbox colours, but I honestly haven't been liking those either. It could stand to be less dry-looking, and the text background is also a little bit too dark. The header image is a cute idea, but it's cut off at the edges so that looks weird. The Museum version of the art doesn't crop any of the characters, so I don't know why the header looks like that, and it's also a bit strange that it cuts off at the bottom right before it gets to Mega Man himself.
Btw, the Wiki tables seem to look the same (boring grey) regardless of skin. I don't know if those are even skin-dependent, but I've been hoping they'd look nicer eventually.--Vellidragon (talk) 23:46, 7 October 2020 (UTC)
- Been thinking about it and I think it could benefit a lot from having a darker colour for the site background and lighter colour for the text containers. I did rough mockup in Photoshop here. The mockup also uses a crop from the digitalised Museum artwork for the header; it's smaller, but it's not cut off on the sides and Mega Man's face would fit in the header. Thoughts?--Vellidragon (talk) 20:56, 8 October 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks for the feedback on the skin so far, but just to be clear, it's not done yet. I so far have just put a couple of hours into it. The header photo was a placeholder to show Tacopill the design concept and I have yet to begin designing in-content sections as well. I'll keep your suggestions in mind as well. Chownk (talk) 17:25, 11 October 2020 (UTC)
For some reason, the class "wikitable sortable" and table captions (headings) created with |+ syntax don't play together well. Using them together creates an empty "tbody" tag between the header and actual body when viewing the parsed version in Inspect Element, which can cause visual glitches in how the table is displayed (lines disappearing/reappearing). Deleting the node in Inspect resolves those. Tested in Timeless and Vector and it's the same result. Does not happen for the non-sortable "wikitable" and also doesn't happen without a caption. I haven't found any info elsewhere on these two table specifications not cooperating, so does anyone know what's going on here?--Vellidragon (talk) 02:50, 13 June 2021 (UTC)
- This has not been fixed and can now be seen in action here (and on the other Game Boy game articles with sortable tables + captions).--Vellidragon (talk) 20:12, 15 August 2021 (UTC)
Search suggestions are case-sensitive?
For some reason, the search bar feature to show existing pages as you type appears to be case-sensitive after the first letter, so if you put in "mega man" it won't show any pages until you change it to "mega Man". This seems very pointless - can it be changed?--Vellidragon (talk) 04:30, 27 December 2021 (UTC)